Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm close to the end!

Another piss-poor day, this time in the $1/$2 game, where once again my 'running' could be said to be less than fantastic.

I mentioned in a previous post that the $1/$2 game was full of old folk who were just there on a day out. These folk don't like to bet their hands and will quite happily just sit and call you all day long while you pile into the betting.

Holding As-Ks in LP I raised to $12 and got 2 callers. The flop came a great looking Kc-10s-4s. Its checked to me and I bet out $25. Two callers again. ??????? The turn is the 6h (not the worst card in the world eh?) Again its checked to me. I bet $50. Again two callers. At this point I'm seriously concerned but wake up a bit when the Ah falls on the river. The first player in line checks but the 2nd guy in line goes all-n for around $85. Of course I call, as does the other guy. The cards are flipped. Player A has 4-4 for 3 4's whilst the bettor after the river card shows 10-10 for 3 10's. Grrrrrrrrrr!!

So that's another $150 peed away all because these old folk wouldn't bet out and at least give me a CHANCE to think about what they had. Whether that's great play or not I don't know but with a flush AND straight draw after the flop quite visible you'd have thought they may have at least the sense to drive out any opposition!

And that's the problem I found in the $1/$2 game. Players with BIG hands just never bet them. The inexperienced players just sat on them and called the aggressor (i.e me) and more often that not were picking up my chips in the process.

So I flushed another $500 down the loo and its almost the end as I have to quit before my sanity goes!

I don't consider myself a bad player. I don't think that I've done MUCH wrong in the way I've played these games over the past 11 days. I just feel as though anything that could go wrong HAS gone wrong. The $2/$5 game plays right, as far as I'm concerned, but the element of running good has been absent from my game these past two weeks. The $1/$2 game is a total minefield and you have to accept that its more a calling game than a raising one whilst you can't make any money at all in the $2/$4 limit games as the rake of upto $5 a pot just gives you no room for error. The $2/$4 Omaha Hi-Lo game at least gives you a chance to make some money as it offers a KILL of a $5 round.

The Hard Rock has a $240 tournament tonight (Wed) with a guaranteed prize pool of $10,000. I'm going to play in that and then make a decision after that as to whether my great adventure in grinding is about to come to a premature end.


Start Bank = $2660
Win / Loss Tues = -$500
Bank now = $2160

No comments: