Monday, March 08, 2010

After the debacle that was Friday & Saturday I decided that enough was enough, for the time being, and try and play a game that didn't involve risking my entire stack every hand. The game I sat down to might surprise you but over a 15 hour session on Sunday I actually managed to eek out a $300 win from it.

The game...the $2/$4 Limit Omaha Hi-Lo. (with a Kill)

The 'Kill' comes in when any individual player in the game scoops both high & low in the hand. In that instant the winner of the pot must compulsory post  a $5 bet and the subsequent hand is played out as a $5 game with no 'raise' on either the turn or river although you can raise the initial $5 bet.

Anyway this game proved to be very theraputic indeed and the sight of my stack being under no pressure whatsoever at ANY stage of the game was a great feeling and provided me with some rest bite from the slog that had been the previous few days of rape and pillage of my money!

Today I played the same game for a nine hour session and ended up losing $100 for the day.

I have until Thursday AM to decide whether or not to continue onto the next phase of this attempt at a 90 day grind and I have three days till then to find some sort of pointer as to whether or not this is achievable.

Maybe the way forward is to drop into the $1/$2 NL game and see how we get on there. It'll be some time before I step back into the $2/$5 game...thats for sure!!


Start Bank = $2460
Win / Loss Sun/Mon = +200
Bank now = $2660

No comments: