Thursday, March 11, 2010

I think the result of the $240 tournament I played in last night says it all about my luck these past 2 weeks here in Tampa.

There were 60 runners paying 10 and with a first prize of $4000 up for grabs. With 7500 points to start with and blind levels at 25 mins there was plenty of time to get lucky or otherwise. I crept up to 12k without much of a bother but then lost a chuky pot trying to get cute with a straight draw that didn't make it and I was back down to 7k.

At the 300/600 level it was pretty much get lucky or leave and I got lucky when first I hit trip 10's against A-A and then took down a 30k pot with an all-in A-J v A-10.

With 14 left I looked set for the final table but then came the hand that I couldn't get away from and it was
to prove the end of my tournament.

I held A-Q in LP and with blinds at 1k/2k I raised to 6k. The SB flat called and there was two of us for the flop which came a tasty looking Q-6-4. The SB checked and I immediately bet out 10k in order to close down the hand. Instead of that the SB went all-in for 18k. I'm committed to the hand so am forced to call for my chips which left me 4k. He flips K-K!!

I couldn't improve and was out shortly after with A-5 against 7-7. Typical of the week I'd say!

In the cash game prior to the tournament I lost a further $300 bringing my daily loss to $560.

On Thursday I lost $240 playing $2/$4 Omahi Hi-Lo all day.

After some thought I've decided to head home on Saturday with my tail between my legs!

I'll write one more blog entry before I leave but this isn't the way I wanted things to go!


Start Bank = $2160
Win / Loss Wed/Thurs = -$800
Bank now = $1360

No comments: