Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My girlfriend Karen is coming over with me for the first two weeks of my attempt at a 90 day grind playing cards at the Seminole.

So I say to her the other night..."Listen if I win enough money I'll buy you a ticket to come over to Florida and see me for the last two weeks of my stay there". She says "But darling I'll ALREADY be there for the last two weeks of your stay!".

She thinks shes a comedian!

With 10 days to go before my adventure in poker playing begins I'm grinding my way through my last few days at work and counting the days. My funding ($5000) is in place as is the hotel, car hire & flights (scheduled to return on March 13th but I can change that for €50) so all thats left between me and my date with Florida is time!

I'm glad to see that the weather there is gradually warming and its projected to be in the 70's once we get there. Here, in Dublin, its freezing EVERY DAY! Day AFTER bloody day its the same miserable 3 - 5c. Although I'm not planning on seeing that much sun whilst in Florida at least I know that when I step out of my hotel of a weekday morning and head the short distance to where I'll be plying my trade the sun will be shining, it'll be warm and I'll be hoping that the day will never end!

Such dreams indeed! Roll on next weekend!!!


No comments: